Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm thankful for...

Since today is Thanksgiving, I started thinking about the Alberta tourism attractions, destinations and events I’m thankful for. Here’s my list:

  • Art Gallery of Alberta for exposing me to art I wouldn’t have otherwise sought out
  • small town museums for keeping history alive through the hard work and dedication of volunteers
  • Alberta’s many choirs for revealing the passion and joy of choral music
  • our province’s national parks for preserving some of Alberta’s wondrous wilderness
  • Calgary Zoo for reminding me that you’re never to old to enjoy the zoo
  • Chinook Arch Meadery for giving me another reason to like honey
  • music festivals like the Edmonton Folk Fest and Labatt’s Blues Festival for luring me outdoors to enjoy Alberta summers to the sound of great tunes
  • hiking trails throughout the province that show the beauty and diversity of our landscapes
  • Slave Lake Sand Castle Competition for reminding me that Alberta does have beaches
  • biplane rides at the Reynolds Alberta Museum for giving me something to look forward to

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment